What are my further career movements?
- Staff Development Measures:
- Fields of Action:
- Promote personal development
- Career Development
- Participation Fee:
What are my unique abilities and interests critical in determining the right career path for me?
Can I combine my ideas about a fulfilled life with a university career?
How can I develop a strategy for embarking on an academic career path or other career choices?
This seminar helps to answer these – and other - questions for those who want to plan their career development strategically. It focuses on supporting young scientists and researchers. It offers them possibilities to reflect upon future university careers or alternative career choices. Based on their individual profiles, participants develop their own vision for their future personal and professional lives.
• You reflect upon your professional career path and develop a well-orchestrated plan
• You develop a biographically-based profile that highlights und evaluates your individual qualifications, skills and job visions
• You explore different occupational alternatives: Career at university/research center or “outside”, e.g. in a company
• You get information about formal and hidden requirements for careers at university (with special focus on Germany)
• You share experiences and are encouraged by other scientists who are in a similar professional situation
small group work and individual work
resource and solution-oriented coaching techniques
Creating your profile of skills and qualifications, highlighting your strengths and accomplishments
Choosing your own criteria and values for work and life
Developing a vision for your own professional and private life
Review and evaluation of personal development goals
Detect your professional network
Female scientists who work in research groups (SFB, GRK) with DFG-Gender equality funds
This seminar takes place on the 20.01.2020 from 09:30 a.m. to 05:00 p.m. and on the 21.01.2021 from 09:30 a.m. to 01:00 p.m.
|Course Coordinator:||Dr. Anja Frohnen|
20.01.2020, 09:30 a.m. - 05:00 p.m., SuperC, Templergraben 57, room 4.29
21.01.2020, 09:30 a.m. - 01:00 p.m., SuperC, Templergraben 57, room 4.29
|Participants:||up to 12|
...With RWTH-ID (TIM)
Without RWTH-ID (TIM)